Saturday, November 15, 2014

I've Been Nominated for the Liebster Award!


Thanks for the Liebster Award!

I've been nominated by Jamie at Thrills in Third Grade for the Liebster Awards.

You may find yourself asking, "What in the world is the Liebster Award?" I know that's what I said!  It's pretty simple.  When a person is nominated for the Liebster Award, first they answer 11 questions about themselves.  Afterwards, they nominate 11 additional bloggers with fewer than 200 bloggers for the award.  It's like a chain award designed to help new bloggers* (see #1) become acquainted with the blogging world.  here are my answers to the 11 questions:

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
       About two years ago I started blogging. I wanted a place to talk about teaching and to connect with other teachers world-wide. I figured blogging was a good way to do this.

2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
    I think my students are the heart of my blog. Everything I do is for them. I am always researching new strategies for teaching and implementing them into my daily lessons. I love my students and that is why I teach!


3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
    I am learning constantly. I am sometimes amazed that I can even get a blog up and going! I look at other blogs, ask questions, and then try it out. I will tell anyone to just jump in there and try it. You can always deleted your post if it doesn't turn out right.


4.  What is your favorite thing to do other than blogging?
      Knitting, being with my family, sitting on the beach and watching the ocean. I love to make new products for my students to try. I like puzzles, eating with my hubby, and my grandsons!



     5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?        Not many! This year I have been caught up with getting my Master's in ESL and trying to keep up at work with all the changes. Hoping to change this!


 6.  What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?       I love reading other blogs and looking at the pictures. Sometimes I won't have time to read the blog, but I will always go through and look at pictures! I like the crafty type teaching blogs. Those are always fun to look at and dream about making these things with my students if there was TiME!

     7.  Where does your blog inspiration come from?
        Definitely other bloggers and my students! My students accomplishments make me want to do more each day!


     8.  Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
         Probably the one on the dodecahedrons. That was the most colorful!


     9.  Is there any post you've been planning to do but have been postponing?
      Oh yeah! Many, many! I guess I should just start writing them and then go back and edit and add pictures later. Did I say I never have enough time!

     10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
       Knowing that I am part of a huge group of teachers that want to connect! 





     11.  Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you most likely try yourself?
   Jamie I like your Currently blogs! I want to try this. I like to read about other bloggers and how they deal with everyday life!



The Rules:
Now that you've been nominated, here are the official rules for accepting:


1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out."
2. Answer the 11 questions I answered above.
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers each.  Have them answer the questions above.
4.  Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post, so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so he/she can learn about you.

That's it! Have fun!

Here are the bloggers I am nominating!
Jodie at Sugar n' Spice!
Jenn from The Primary Pack
Min Ah Kang at Primary ESOL

No comments:

Post a Comment