Saturday, May 20, 2017

Time For End of the Year Brochures! Make one for the classes coming in!







End of the year Brochures! I didn't get all my End of Year Memory Brochures finished so we can work on those.  The Memory Brochures were a big hit! I didn't think I was going to have time to use them with my students, but I did get a few minutes to have them work on them.


5th Grade Teachers must have really made our students tow the line because most of the them mentioned 'do not make your teachers mad!' They also wrote to pay attention to your teacher... whatever she says listen! I did start making sure every student in my room was looking at me when I explained or talked to them. I would stop and just wait, pretty soon they all would put down their pencils and listen. If someone picked up a pencil in the middle of my explanation, I would stop again and wait for that person. In the beginning this took extra time, but after a week or so, they knew they had to stop and look and listen! Kindergarten stuff I know, but it is so important to reinforce this even in 5th grade!

I made sure all students had crayons and pencils. We did the graphic organizer first, then I let them finish up. The activity took about an hour and they enjoyed doing this because they felt like they were really helping out the 4th graders who would be in their place next year.

I didn't realize so many of my students liked the privileges appreciated the privileges of being able to walk to areas in the school with a buddy instead of the entire class. Most put this down as something you get to do!

5th Grade didn't get to go on a Field Trip because of budget concerns. The only place we went was to the Middle School. They all loved this! Well, we did go to First Tee every Monday for 5 weeks, but to a lot of my students this wasn't something 'fun.'


This one was cute.... NO chitchat! Good advice!

Star Base was awesome! We didn't go on a Field Trip, but StarBase came to us. I can't believe how much my students learned. Unfortunately this is not funded in NC for next year.
They really turned out sweet. I plan on giving these to my 5th grade class next year. If I had used them earlier I would have had my students present them to the 4th graders.

As they were making these I thought how bittersweet the end of each year is, then I got the news that we had one more day! I guess we will have to do all those good-byes and hugs and crying times again Monday!

Hope you enjoyed your End of Year or if you are still teaching (Year Rounders or homeschoolers) enjoy your days! They go by so fast! 

(Oh, you can pick this item up in my TPT store at this link: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/End-Of-Year-Memory-Brochure-Graduating-5th-Graders-Make-For-4th-Graders-708762 )

Graduating 8th Graders Make for 7th Grade Students
Graduating 7th Graders Make for 6th Grade Students
Graduating 6th Graders Make for 5th Grade Students
Graduating 5th Graders Make for 4th Graders
Graduating 4th Graders Make for 3rd Graders
Graduating 3rd Graders Make for 2nd Graders
Graduating 2nd Graders Make for 1st Graders
Graduating 1st Graders Make for Kindergarten Students
Graduating Kinders Make for new Kinders

No comments:

Post a Comment